Yesterday was a good day for knitting. I completed the pretty little dishcloth in the afternoon and am very pleased with the pattern. I do have more cotton yarn to make dishcloths but will get the cardigan completed first I think.
Last night I completed the raglan shaping on the back piece and really like the eyelet pattern along the edge of the shaping. While the cardigan has the pattern around the lower part it is just plain stocking stitch for the rest of the pieces. The eyelet just breaks the plainness to all that plain knitting
The eyelet is done by k1, sl1 k1 pass slip stitch over, yfwd, sl1 k1 pass slip stitch over at the beginning of the row, and at the end instead of sl1 k1 it is k2tog
This just shows the back completed. I have left the neck stitches on a stitch holder for the moment even though the pattern tells you to cast off the remaining stitches. I haven’t made up my mind whether I will do the front bands by picking up stitches right the way round the front and back neck or if I will do the pattern suggestion which is a few stitches and then sew the bands on when slightly stretched.
I have just cast on the stitches for the left front and I don’t think that will take very long with only 55 stitches on the needle.